Tuesday, November 4, 2008

After the first half hour, we started to hate the Zs...

Ah, election season is finally, thankfully, almost over. Although it seems determined to go out with a bang; not only did I get four phone calls last night about voting (including a thoughtful one from Michelle Obama, I feel very important right now), but I also got totally screwed at the polling place. Here, they divvy up the names A-G, H-N, P-Z. And evidently, 90 percent of the county's population--including me--falls under the first category. It's strange, really. But the A-G line snaked out the door while the others waltzed in and out like the breeze. So yes... 30 minute in, we were giving P-Z in particular some dirty looks. I finally voted after 45 minutes; the girl behind me (an M) confessed that she'd been there for less than 15. The vagaries of fate. Or surnames, I suppose.

Regarding the election, I'm afraid to get my hopes up--and even then, it's more of a case of "(almost) anybody but him"--but I am planning watch The Daily Show's coverage for some entertainment value, at least.

But I really hate those frickin' Zs.

3 comments:

koala brains said...

A recording from Michelle or actually her? Another friend of mine got a call from Bill Clinton. I didn't get a single call but then again I'm in GA and perhaps that was a definite for McCain (ick).

Unknown said...

At Taylor Elementary School in Danville, the A-K line had one person in it---the L-Z line had 22. I shit you not!

My write-in vote for John Wayne made no impact so I'm bummin'.

SherryB said...

K: Oh, it was a recording. But it was the second time. I think someone forgot to check us off the list. Anyway, I'm just thrilled that for once, my vote actually made a difference! Growing up in Florida and living in Virginia, well... it usually doesn't.

C: Hm... perhaps the non A-Gs emigrated to Danville, then. You should have voted here. Then maybe your vote would have counted, pilgrim. ;)