Monday, June 29, 2009

Once a mother, always a mother

So, we were adopted by a then-pregnant cat a little over two months ago. The result being that we are now the home to Mama (first named NoKitty, now Cleo) and her four kittlens. The resulting result being that we now live in chaos. (Four-year-old+kittens=much ado about much.) We've decided to keep Cleo (I figure she deserves it for sussing out the right suckers) and one of the kittens (the one nicknamed Pepe because of the little white skunk stripe on his forehead), who is the smartest of the bunch because he started sucking up to T at around, oh, week five.

ANYway. Now it's time to find homes for the other three. I thought I had sure things lined up with two co-workers, but they're starting to back away, so I followed someone's advice and posted the "free to good home" listing on Craigslist a few hours ago. I've already heard from two people. You'd think I would be relieved, yes? No; I'm freaking out, assuming that they only want the kitties for nefarious purposes. One of them is a vet med student who's specializing in infectious disease--surely, she wants to use one for research, yes? And another has a pit bull (yes, I'm Googling these people), which makes me nervous--I can't get rid of the mental image of one of the kittens being terrorized by it.

Le sigh. Giving a shit is such a pain in the ass. I will let you know when KittenGate 2009 is successfully (we pray) resolved.

No comments: